Saturday, August 25, 2007

Arabic Movies!!!

Let me talk about "Arabic" Movies!!
As the blockbuster of this summer was "Omar w Salma" and we all wanted to watch it! First we thought it was going to be GREAT! but as they continued advertising about it, we knew that the movie is going to suck big time! But still we needed to watch it!
And so we did, and from the first minutes of the movie we knew it's a disaster, still, we continued watching! It's about a player, Omar, who falls for a girl called Salma and she turns his world upside down, and he changed, he's no more a player! And Salma some how thinks he's cheating on her, -which he isn't, I told you he really changed!!- and then the girl who Salma thinks he cheated on her with -the other- her! -it's not so complicated, I'm just making it sound so:P-, so yes, she comes and explains to Salma that he wasn't cheating her, she just needed him help!
-that involved another guy fighting with Omar and Omar's shirt is torn apart, what a gentleman, I know! NOT-
And so they live happily ever after! There was one good thing about the movie! It's was really funny!! That's the only thing that is not just good but it's GREAT about Arabic movies! If you want to watch an Arabic movie, go see comedy! It's the BEST!
And we have a legend, his name is Addel Imam, He's a really famous actor! used to be so funny! But now I don't like him at all! His -horrible- movies: al tajroba al-almanya (or al daneemarkya!!), "3eemarab ya3qubean", "Morgan Ahmed Morgan". I didn't watch any of them, but I'm 100% sure that they suck!!!
Let's move to another kind of movies, "chick flicks", there's a director called: "Inas Al-dee'3eedy" and she says that in her movies she's just defending women!
Let me tell you how is she "defending" women. By movies like: "al ba7eethat 3n al 7oreeya",
She's just unbelievable, saying that they are just some daring ideas! And girls having sex with anyone that they meet! It's just sooooo sick! Now, a lot want her dead and hanged because of her movies, but that's just threatening, and every time she's preparing for a movie, critics criticize the movie before she even begins shooting, and so she puts a lot of inappropriate scenes more than expected, and she gets all the publicity that she wants through cirtics!
And another stupid movies 'asrar el banat' now I've watched it a long time ago, but I remember that it was about 3 girls, one who someone sents her pictures and letters and then she founds out that it was her step-dad, and one who's married, who thinks her husband is just plain and she wants him to be romantic, and I don't remember what the other one wants!
And there's a movie about 3 sisters, one who's dating an actor and she just got back from the UK and talks like she just been to the USA, and one who's boyish but she's in-love with someone she's teaching but she don't know how to act, and one who's in-love with a director and he directs her cook-show, and they all go to their psychologist neighbour, and he loves the one who dates the actor, and in the end she falls for him too and all the girls live happily ever after with the ones they love!
Another one, it's called "sahar el lyal' and that's really stupid! it's about 4 couples, and they cheat on each other with each other! Thank God, I didn't watch it, but I know what's it about!
And so many movies like that, I want to watch 'taymor w shafeeka' and 'a7lam el fata el 6a2esh', I think they're going to be funny!!
there's an actor who's in all of his movie, whether, super-crazy or super-wasted! movies like; karkar, el lamby, ..
OH! and another thing about Arabic movies, the songs that comes with them are FANTASTIC! that's also a GREAT thing!
I just love watching old plays, like 'madrast al mosha3eebeen' or 'el 3yal kebret' they're sooo funny!

5 comments:

FaerieDevilish said...

Nice post! I really want to see some of the so-called 'Arabic' movies. I hope I'll find something here soon! :D

Waed S. said...

Well, Huda ...U've been direct to the point ! Most if not all movies suck!!! It is because of those low budgets!! Some of these movies have great stories but lousy performance,directing and or everything else!!! I am trying to be objective these days :p * I have so much time to waste , that's all :P *
7ob el banat had sth really wrong in it and that was the age difference!C'mon now Laila 3olwee and 27mad 3iz as a couple? the beard he tried to grow wasn't that helpful!!
and Asrar al banat was about the gurl whose parents are religious and protective of her but then she got pregnant and in the hospital the so called caring doctor did sth to her to protect her from society! the gurl was a victim of FGM! kinda liked that one!
3adel Imam is getting old and that is something that the entire word can see , except for him of course :P
I do love those play!!
I recite scenes every once in a while :P
I like it when 3adel Imam say when the new teacher asks him to stand :
بعد 14 سنه خدمة ثانوي بتقولي أوقف!!!
ur dad or my arabic teacher shud see me writing arabic like that! they will simply shoot me :P
that was looooonggg :P

AbdelRahman :) said...

This topic is really awesome, but you know, I always think where's the "Reqaba" on all of this?? I think it become useless nowdays!!
anyway, KEEP IT UP!! GR8 GR8 GR8
Take Care!!

Karina said...

"And there's a movie about 3 sisters, one who's dating an actor and she just got back from the UK and talks like she just been to the USA, and one who's boyish but she's in-love with someone she's teaching but she don't know how to act, and one who's in-love with a director and he directs her cook-show, and they all go to their psychologist neighbour, and he loves the one who dates the actor, and in the end she falls for him too and all the girls live happily ever after with the ones they love!"

... AAAAHHHH *dies out* I'm CONFUSEEED! X__X

Karina said...

i wanna try to write in arabic :D
i will post random symbols

what does it say here:

بتسنققعدعدأأووق
وقدمعدثا

the letters are kewl xD teach me arabic pretty please :)