Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Distance

Life knows how to put us in tough situations, we're very capable of doing that ourselves, but life has to put us in more. You move from one place to another and leave many behind. Others leave and leave you behind. Do we blame the distance for making us drift apart? Is it an excuse that we're too busy? Sometimes we do reach out but don't find enough encouragement therefore we stop reaching out. However we don't always reach out, it's always in the beginning when a friend leaves to another place that you and them talk, but after that something happens and you both lose every connection you had with each other. Weren't you close enough? Or have you found other friends who are there and got occupied with them? It's never the distance, it's just us preferring what's close to us, it's much easier this way. Perhaps that you've had your friend near you and then they leave and it's no longer satisfying just texting or chatting online. Those things suck every emotion of every word, or so it seems. But if you're attentive enough and you care then connections won't be lost.
However the previous points are not general rules, it depends on many things. What does it depend on? Not very important as long as all lead to people drifting apart, but again not all people. Some connections will never be lost because some are attentive enough and they care so distance is nothing to stop you from reaching out.
So what if life presents such a situation? All my life, it's been this way. And I think perhaps it's me that sometimes is to blame. I no longer get very close to people, because in the back of my mind, they'll leave and move to another place, or the very simple fact that this place where I am is not where I'm going to be.
But I'm here, the very fact that I wish I was there doesn't diminish the fact that I'm here and it doesn't mean that I won't reach out because I'm here, I'll reach out and expect disappointments but I cannot stop reaching out, I simply cannot. For those who've left and got busy with their lives, well I got busy with mine, and I'm to blame as much as they are.

2 comments:

Aya adel said...

It is an amazing article, with all its words and meanings, Maybe I find it so, as I lived every single sentence as you described. It is tearing me in to peaces that my best best friend traveled to another Continent , we used to talk at the begging but I didn't see that coming in any possible way .. I won't do anything except praying that Allah will make the way to be connected again, I wish so .

Stacy Baker said...

My sister hates my body, and is always telling me not to think I'm too good-looking, to stop thinking I'm a goddess, I'm pretty damn beautiful and I should be proud. My mother says I should go down to a size 12, or at the most a 14, and she'll pay for it. My partner tells me he loves every part of me, but I know the weight that he loves is the part I'm not sure about. How many eggs should I eat to lose weight?