Monday, February 4, 2008

"Marriage is like a prison!"

As most of girls when I was young, I thought that marriage was really awesome! and I thought I'll fall in love with a guy and then we'll get married! as simple as that!
but now, -or a while ago- it seems that someone -I don't know who- is trying to change that idea of marriage -I don't know why too-, We're getting all of these messages and e-mails about how marriage is horrible and all of these stupid jokes.
The idea is that the guy is always the one who doesn't want to get married and the girl forces him to! and he's always silent and his wife is always blabbering. And the wife is always saying how she feels but he's not listening and he's really bored with this life!
And mostly it's the wife's fault because she's so shallow or she's like a chatter-box, or she's too girlie to understand her husband! Anyone noticed this?!
I've noticed this also during reading 'the Zahir' by Paulo Coleho, it's about someone whose cheating on his wife and she knows, but she also knows that they've been in a phase of their marriage that these 'shallow' things don't mean anything because she's cheating on him too!!!! -well, that's not the plot of the book! but that's what I think! I just hated the book, and I thought it was sooo boring! but I finished it anyway-
And there's something their promoting to as well -I'm using the word promoting because I think it's happening and it's for a reason I fail to comprehend, maybe to encourage relationships without marriage but again why?!- and that is after a while people will get bored of each other, and they'll start to wonder what made them marry!
I refuse to believe all of this! I think it needs a little faith from both of them and they can 'make it work' as Ne-Yo puts it in his song! I think it's so real and true, and it gives me hope!

Also since I'm taking about these stuff, I might as well bring up guys in the middle east -some of them, as some say, but maybe it's most of them are this way- they're so good with words and they can make those stupid girls feel so pretty and loved, and then they can move on to another girl with no trouble at all, and then after all they'd never marry someone who they've been out with because they want to settle with decent girls! not knowing that they've fooled so many girls and they've broken so many hearts and broken so many promises, but maybe they know that and maybe it makes them think of how wicked they are. They're so disgusting! but maybe it's not just the middle-east, maybe it's a guy-thing!

but maybe I'm just being an Arab -and I hate them, or us, when they-we- do that- and pretend or like to believe that this is some kind of invasion?! and we're the victims? that's why I want to hear from you! Am I being like a typical Arab? or you've noticed what I'm talking about?!

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh you are no stereotypical Arab, Hoody, relax!! :P

Ehem as you may know, I have decided long ago not to get married mainly for two reasons: the government and religion. It may take a bit to explain, if u want to I will tell u why!* I am not against marriage, though (It's like saying I'm against.. apples! If u don't like apples u just don't eat them!)

I think most books and movies talk about it cuz most people don't want to make it work, like u say. Authors depict reality, how most humans behave nowadays. It's also a result from changes in the XX Century, women being able to file for divorce, vote, safe sex, etc. So chill and remain positive with marriage, cuz it is probable it'll work if u want it to! :)

And "Droplets" is a song by Colbie Caillat and Jason Reeves, the first is the singer of "Bubbly"!

Peace!*

Waed S. said...

nopers Huda!! u r no Typical arab girl !! if u were one u wud be crushing over one of the boneheads u talked of :P :P :P :P

IT is out there !! and it sux :P :P:P
I have issues with marriage but mum is really sure they will go away !! dad came up with a cool line for me : my daughter is married to science :D :D :D I loved it ! dunno if its gonna work :P

Ashok said...

I hated the Zahir too by the way :P

A lot of women among my friends circle tend to think the same thing about men, so I suppose you are not the only one. In the solemn hope that you find the right person, here is me signing off. Good day madam :D

Anonymous said...

processes lifont drama pillohard livelihoods laurie exodus authoring rejoin comprised portable
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

instrument brighton greatest inaugural resort unewsnore sortina sanctions phasing colored santacruz
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]itsmeyepa.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research indicates that nearly 80% of all U.S. adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I wish I had never submitted to an "arranged marriage", now my marriage is nothing but slavery and servitude. I hate it. To any woman considering marriage - think twice, all you end up doing is all the housework, cleaning up after thankless members of the family and left wondering is there more to life than this. Yes there is and it isn't in marriage

Anonymous said...

When very effort that is made to save your married life fails, a marriage therapist is the best person who can
sort out the differences and bring life back to the crumbling relationship.
You become an educator to your patients and
have the daunting task of being sure they receive all the support and preparation they require to return home.
Step 3: Determine the goal(s) you would like to achieve during each session.
My weblog ... Hcg Diet and Depression