Wednesday, February 14, 2007

stupid lines from songs

Although I don’t correct things and if there was a mistake somewhere I wouldn’t correct it. But if something was wrong, I’d say it out loud even if though I may not say it to the person who did that thing.
So here are some of the things that I consider really wrong in some of the songs:
1- ‘I was born to make you happy’ a song by Britney Spears and by that name I can tell you what’s wrong –and I have listened to the song–.
You were born to make someone happy? How silly is that? You’re purpose in life is to make that person you love happy? And you weren’t born to make a difference in someone’s life or you weren’t born to just live your life and enjoy it. I know that may sound selfish but it’s not, you weren’t born for someone else.
I have always wondered why I’m here in life and I was still wondering but now I found the whole reason of me being on this planet which is to make ‘you’ happy.

2- ‘Goodbye my lover’ a song by James Blunt.
And this time it’s not the name, it’s the part where he says: ‘shared your dreams, shared your bed’! how can someone share your dreams! Aren’t we all supposed to have our own dreams and ‘everyone share their dreams’? well, maybe you can do that! But I don’t know how! And ‘shared your bed’ I’m sorry to say this but it’s just sick! I know it’s a song but first of all: there’s no point of saying that. Second of all: the line is so stupid. Third of all: we are so better off not knowing that!

3- ‘ahla haga fiki’ a song by Mohammed Hamakey.
The part I don’t like is: ‘inshallah amot fi howaky inshallah’ (meaning: inshallah I’ll die in your love) do you really want to die in someone’s love? You know this is also just a song but death isn’t that easy! You can’t just wish that you’ll die in someone’s love! Actually the song isn’t that he’s wishing to die but it’s that if he dies, he wants to die in her love. But still it’s stupid. And to us Muslims, you can’t just say that! And I’m sure he doesn’t really want that! Cause if someone asked him about that he’ll immediately say: ‘No, of course not. It’s just a song. And of course I want to die surrounded by the people I love…… but you know, death is a very sad subject to talk about. Let’s change the subject’ or something like that.
So how can you sing a song that you don’t mean anything in it?

4- ‘If everyone cared’ a song by Nickelback.
It’s ‘if everyone shared and swallowed their pride’ I don’t get it. If someone is humiliated, so he/she should just move on and suck it up and continue like nothing happened! Of course not, they should stand up for themselves because no one has any right to humiliate anyone and by moving on and saying nothing when someone humiliates you, you’d be giving them all the right to humiliate you!
And pride is one of the things that are so important to me in life –I’m sure to others too– so I won’t swallow my pride! NEVER!

Now I’m sure there’s a lot of stupid songs in this world! But I’m mentioning those lines because all the songs that I mentioned aren’t supposed to be stupid!

3 comments:

Saudamini said...

LOVED IT!!!

really interesting and I agree with you hands down. These are traits of mental sickness...."I was born to make you happy"....eeeuuuwww...how gross can it get??!!!

*thumbs up*

keep writing sweets!!! you have it all!! :D

btw, Happy V day...:P

Unknown said...

hiiiiii Hoda, LOVING IT INDEED and it's into the point,
first hoda, i can swear that u'll be a veryyyyyy gr8 writer in the future as u have got many of potentials, anyway am with u in every word u say and limme share some of the STUPID songs:
by marwa: elsaraha raha we enta mabterfsh it mean ( the honestly is comfortable thing and you don't know ) what he didn't knw is S**
another one by:saad the young
he makes two songs spks abt the donkey!!!!
first one say: I love donkey, I appreciat you donkey , and I get v sad when someone told u that u r Donkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the secand one said: (things that can't write it in english bcuz it have no meaning )
Best wishes
keep your talent up
Byeeee

Waed S. said...

for some Reason I like James Blunt! despite that line and I think Noor isn't gonna like the part abt. 27la 7aga fiki!!! but with the rest um so with u! u rock!! nickelbakc! I never got the name !!!